This year the Society for Neuroscience annual conference returns to sunny San Diego in southern California. As usual, the 46th edition of the Annual Meeting is packed with the latest on neuroscience research, job and business opportunities, and hot topics in scientific publishing, public education, tools, & techniques.
Why should you attend this year’s Neuroscience conference? Let me give you 6 reasons!
6 Reasons to attend Neuroscience 2016
- Neuroscience 2016 is the world’s largest marketplace of ideas and tools for global neuroscience. Nowhere else can you collaborate with 30,000 fellow neuroscientists and 15,000 scientific presentations to learn from and socialize with, all in one place. The San Diego Convention Center in downtown San Diego will be the place to be for 4 days, starting November 12th!
- There’s a handy 2016 Neuroscience Meeting Planner. Just type in some keywords and you’ll be able to browse through pre-filtered results for all scientific sessions, presentations, and authors by day, session, or theme.
- More than 100 satellite events will be held during SfN’s Annual Meeting, covering all aspects of neuroscience. Make sure not to miss our Satellite Symposium on locomotion analysis tools, hosted by Dr. D. Jaarsma from the Erasmus MC (Rotterdam, the Netherlands). It takes place on Monday November 14th at the Manchester Grand Hyatt at 6 PM. Registration is free, but seats are limited so make sure to sign up now!
- Explore new tools and the latest technologies at the biggest neuroscience exhibition, consisting of more than 670 booths from international companies worldwide. One of those exhibitors is of course Noldus: meet us in booth 1029 and learn all about our latest solutions for behavioral research. There will be representatives from three different continents, so make sure to come by and say hi!
- Did we mention sunny San Diego? Even in November the weather is nice and warm; thanks to the local climate the city enjoys 300 sunny days a year! More than 100 kilometers of coastline invite you to plunge into California’s summer lifestyle, or, for the brave among us, directly into the ocean!
Down Town San Diego
- A sunny climate is not the only pleasant thing about San Diego. The city has a diverse cultural landscape and is home to a lively nightlife with more restaurants you can visit in a year. Try to schedule some time to explore San Diego right before or after the conference and combine work and fun in one trip!
I myself am very excited to finally attend the meeting in person, after reading about it and listening to colleagues gushing about the biggest meeting of the year for nearly a decade now.
Will I meet you in San Diego?
Want to know more about Noldus and neuroscience? Find out more at www.noldusneuroscience.com!