Whether you wish to combine facial expression analysis with your own software or embed components of our software into existing applications, we offer you the tools to do so. Add facial expression analysis technology to your application to optimize your solution using FaceReader OEM licensing.This way, FaceReader technology is an integral part of your application. This can help you improve and innovate by providing unique insights in gamer experience or customer experience, depending on your application.
- Real interaction
- Objective assessments
- Insight in customer experience
- One solution
Integral part of your application
Measure attention, emotions, and evasive behavior to create entirely new experiences and extend existing applications. FaceReader OEM provides you with data about:
- Facial states – left and right eye open or closed, mouth open or closed, and left and right eyebrow raised, neutral or lowered.
- Head orientation – recorded in the X, Y, and Z direction and based on a 3D model of the face.
- Global gaze direction – gaze direction is derived from the position of the pupil in relation to the corners of the eyes and the orientation of the head.
- Subject characteristics – automatic recognition of the subject’s gender, age, and ethnicity and whether the person has a beard, moustache, or glasses.
- Action Units – automatic analysis of a selection of 20 commonly used Action Units, such as raising of cheeks, wrinkling of nose, dimpling, and lip tightening.
FaceReader OEM licensing is based on the proven state-of-the-art FaceReader technology. FaceReader software is used by over 400 companies and universities worldwide and is the most robust tool for analysis of 6 facial expressions: happy, sad, surprised, scared, angry, disgusted, and neutral.
The ideal combination
The major benefit of FaceReader OEM licensing is that you create one completely integrated solution. It allows you to quickly start to develop new, exciting, and innovative applications. FaceReader’s main output is a classification of the facial expressions of your test participant. These results can be exported to log files which can be accessed real-time by other applications via an Application Programming Interface (API). This makes it possible for FaceReader to be used for research into affective computing and the design of adaptive interfaces.
Examples of OEM solutions
Some possible combinations are:
- Eye tracking research – Eye tracking and FaceReader technology combined facilitate in-depth usability testing or reliable advertisement evaluation, for example.
- Customer support centers – Specific output from FaceReader OEM such as negative/positive valence and gaze direction data can easily be used in a helpdesk setting to objectively assess staff performance and customer experience.
- Tutoring systems – The facial expression ‘Happy’ can be measured by FaceReader technology and can function as an indication of satisfaction in a tutoring system. This tutoring system can real-time respond to the negative or positive valence of the live facial expression analysis - for example, by decreasing the difficulty of an assignment.
- Gaming – Create new and exciting gaming experiences! Game levels can, for instance, change as a response to the gamers’ facial expressions. The FaceReader analysis can determine the way a game level continues. Either positive or negative valence then triggers a different intensity level or a different kind of game.
- Online evaluation of behavior – Include facial expression analysis in chat rooms or dating sites and read the emotions of the persons chatting.
- Emotional energy - A new app, called NRGY, is one of the first apps in the world that is capable of measuring your physical, mental, and emotional energy level, all within 90 seconds. FaceReader™ technology provides insights into your emotional energy/vitality and is an essential part of this app. You can now download this app yourself.
- Market research – Do you want to offer your client, internal or external, the best and most reliable techniques for remote measurement of appreciation, and so on? Easily incorporate FaceReader technology in your survey.
- Digital signage – Let your billboard respond to the reaction of the spectator.
And much more! FaceReader OEM is designed to facilitate the easy integration of FaceReader technology into other applications.