Different tracking technologies such as GPS, ultra wide-band or video-based tracking all have their strengths and weaknesses. TrackLab software offers an approach for combining both indoor and outdoor tracking.
- Open platform which can take inputs from a broad variety of tracking technologies, live and offline.
- Track data can be smoothed and filtered to remove outliers.
- Visualizations include heat maps and traces which are color-coded according to the subject’s speed.
- Calculate a wide range of statistics quantifying to movement and searching behavior.
- Inertial tracking with a tracker on the shoe to improve location accuracy.
Main applications for ambient assisted living
- Assessing both positive and negative aspects of a person’s location and movement.
- Tracking can be used to monitor exercise taken by the subject, and the reports generated can be used to give feedback to patients and carer.
- Integration with other software makes it possible to send an alarm signal to carers, for instance if an Alzheimer’s patient strays outside of the grounds of where they live.
- The tool can also be used to detect if a person hasn’t moved for a while, which can trigger an alarm.
TrackLab example screenshot
TrackLab software is being developed in the framework of the AAL projects E-MOSION and CaMeLi.