Job #: 2017-01/L
Title: Scientific Sales Consultant
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
For over 25 years, Noldus Information Technology has been the leading developer of innovative solutions for behavioral research. We are specialists in observational methods and techniques, image analysis, multimedia and signal analysis, and provide our customers with the tools they need to perform ground-breaking research in the fields of biology, neuroscience, psychology, medical research, and usability. With our international headquarters based in Wageningen, The Netherlands, and our North American headquarters in Leesburg, Virginia, along with satellite offices all over Europe and China, we are able to serve customers in over 100 countries. Our company culture is based on enthusiasm, a proactive attitude, and customer satisfaction and we strongly believe that the success of our business is related to the dedication of our 145+ employees.
The Scientific Sales Consultant is primarily responsible for developing and selling systems and solutions for use in observational and behavioral research. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: acquiring technical knowledge of our research solutions, conducting product demonstrations and training sessions for new and current users, configuring solutions for sale to customers, negotiating and closing sales, and attending conferences and customer meetings (frequent travel is required).
- 4-year college degree in the fields of psychology, neuroscience, biology, human factors or equivalent is required; Master’s Degree or PhD, preferred
- Experience in scientific research, particularly in the field of behavioral sciences
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand and synthesize customer research needs
- Dynamic presentation capabilities and ability to clearly present technical information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to form positive intra and interdepartmental relationships
- Past sales experience and previous experience with our products is a plus
We offer a rewarding position in a growing international company supplying unique products and solutions that make significant contributions to the scientific community. With us, you have the opportunity to develop your career in growing, fast-paced, yet relaxed, environment. Comprehensive benefits package is provided; compensation packages are competitive and commensurate with the skill level and knowledge base of the applicant. This position is based out of Leesburg, VA.
Please submit an electronic copy of your résumé along with a cover letter describing your motivation for applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (When responding, please refer to the job number 2017-01/L.)