Noldus Information Technology develops professional software, systems and services for observational and behavioral research. Our products enable the collection, analysis, management, and presentation of behavioral, physiological, and acoustical data. Scientists, engineers, and practitioners use our products to study behavioral processes, automate measurements, improve the quality of their data, increase productivity, and make optimal use of animal and human resources. Applications are in biology, psychology, pharmacology, consumer behavior research, health, and human factors.
One of Noldus’ newest developments is Viso, a software tool for audio and video recording, debriefing and playback. Also basic annotation functions are included. Viso is used for a wide range of applications, varying from healthcare simulation and training to counseling psychology. These applications are mainly related to research in market segments Noldus has been active in for a longer time already. There are, however, indications that also in market segments less related to behavioral research there is a demand for such a tool. One of the market segments is clinical psychology.
Goal of this assignment is to identify the potential by clinical psychologists. There also could be a potential in training settings related to this topic. More information about Viso can be found at http://www.noldus.com/viso.
Duration: 5-6 months
Start: August 2017 (or sooner)
The student can work in the Noldus office (Wageningen, the Netherlands) for at least 4 days/week and have access to a computer. He/she can use our corporate facilities like phone, e-mail, Internet access etc.
Goals and methods assignment
As stated above, the main goal is to identify the potential for Viso in clinical psychology applications. Clinical psychologists aim to reduce the distress and improve the psychological wellbeing of their clients. They use psychological methods and research to make positive changes to their clients' lives and offer various forms of treatment.
Clinical psychologists work with clients of all ages who have a variety of different mental or physical health issues, such as:
- depression and anxiety
- mental illness
- adjustment to physical illness;
- neurological disorders;
- addictive behaviors;
- challenging behaviors;
- eating disorders;
- personal and family relationship problems;
- learning disabilities.
Questions to be answered are:
- How big is the North-American and international potential for Viso in this market segment?
- What tools are people using at this moment for recording and giving feedback? What are the main competitors?
- Are there specific requirements from this user group?
- What are the prices people would be willing to pay, what business models are common in this market?
- Which communication channels are suitable to reach potential users in this market?
Methods that can be used:
- Study scientific and other publications which refer to the use of comparable tools in this market. Relevant are number of publications, as well as content (research topics, subjects, analysis, etc.)
- Estimate the number of organizations that potentially could use such tools.
- Surveying/interviewing people who could be potential users to find out their current methods and product requirements.
- Study discussions held in LinkedIn groups focusing on applications in which people are being tracked.
- Other methods if desired.
We are searching for:
- Graduating student of a Business School or comparable, or with a background in the market segment relevant for his project;
- Interest and skills in market research;
- Interest in behavior and behavioral science;
- Fluent in English speaking/writing. Since we expect there will be interest especially in North-America, the project will include interviews with contacts in these areas and thus different time zones
If you would like to be considered for this position or any of our other exciting opportunities, please don’t hesitate to send us your resume to Hans Theuws, email@example.com.