1) The software offers several mechanisms to synchronize your behavioral data; external data, such as heart rate; and video files.
2) Synchronization is the key to understanding behavior patterns.
3) Other recording devices (video/eye trackers/physiological measurement instruments) can be started and stopped from The Observer XT to simplify your recording process.
4) The Observer XT supports the entire workflow of your project. As a result, you will be able to make all the necessary preparations to collect rich and meaningful data.
5) Eye-tracking data, such as Areas of Interest (AOI) and saccades, can be easily imported.
6) All-around integration is supported with whichever eyetracker you choose.
7) You get complete insight into the relationships between behavioral data and physiological responses because time information is continuously exchanged between The Observer XT, Media Recorder, Viso, and various data acquisition systems of your choice.
8) The core set-up with The Observer XT can support you in measuring heart rate…
9) Skin resistance…
10) And even skin temperature!
11) Of course, The Observer XT can also support measuring muscle tension (EMG).
12) And neuronal activity (EEG).
13) European Data Format (EDF) files can now be imported in The Observer XT quickly and easily and are visualized in sync with your videos. EDF is a simple and flexible format for the exchange and storage of multichannel biological and physiological signals.
14) Interested in movement patterns? You can combine data gathered with TrackLab with other data streams in The Observer XT for enhanced analysis and visualization. Synchronization is straightforward and fast using our new viewer plugin. TrackLab software is a Noldus product for recognition and analysis of spatial behavior and the design of interactive systems.
15) You can use digital screen capture technology to capture the test computer's screen. Then, combine this screen capture with videos and other data in The Observer XT.
16) When using FaceReader to automatically classify your test person's facial expressions, you can import the log files into The Observer XT. Calculate statistics like the mean and maximum classification value for each of the emotions.
17) You can import FaceReader independent variables, event markers, and stimuli into The Observer XT with importing log files, making advanced analysis possible.
18) You can start and stop E-Prime software from The Observer XT. E-Prime is the stimulus presentation program which sends the collected data to The Observer XT instantly after the session. This data is then visualized as behaviors and modifiers in The Observer XT, including the time at which the stimulus was given, which stimulus was applied, and how the participant responded to the stimulus.
In summary, The Observer XT is the ideal solution when it comes to integration.