Are you a brilliant, persistent and communicative strong AI researcher who can recognize with Machine Learning the behaviors shown in videos and other sensor data? Are you a pleasant sparring partner for colleagues and you do enjoy presenting results to clients and at conferences? When you can estimate the value of new AI developments and personally finds it important that your work contributes to research with relevance for our society, then this position is perfect for you!
Job number: AIR 2019/W
Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands
Contact: Ir. Jeroen B.G. Kemerink
In this challenging position, your work is developing efficient and reliable algorithms in order to recognize behavior from various data streams such as video or wearables. You love to try out and develop the new AI techniques, but you are also able to apply conventional methods. Keywords are tracking, identification, activity recognition, transfer learning, active learning & computer vision. Our clientele is diverse so your work can be widely used or easily tuned. You are part of a multi-disciplinary team of Machine Learning researchers, software developers, UX experts and domain experts. Smart gathering and annotation of data is one of your challenges and you are handy enough to put together a recording setup yourself. Within our collaborative projects, you maintain contact with researchers from international research institutes.
- You like to contribute to a better world with your work
- You are curious about new developments and would like to take the lead in this
- You are persistent with strong analytical skills and great precision
- You have an emphatic capacity that makes you a pleasant conversation partner
- You have a university degree (M.Sc.) in AI, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar
- You have experience with Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Signal Processing
- Excellent understanding of Machine Learning algorithms & principles
- You have good programming skills (Python, Matlab, C ++, C #)
- You have experience with current Machine Learning toolboxes (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow)
Why would you choose us?
- Working in a dynamic and growing international company with unique products
- Developing unique tools for behavioral research
- Challenging position
- An informal, collegial working atmosphere
- Excellent possibilities for personal development and further building of your career
- A competitive compensation package which reflects the skill level and knowledge base of the applicant
- A comprehensive employee benefits program with:
- Profit sharing
- Health bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Cafetaria model
We look forward to meeting you!
If you are ready to take this challenge together with us, please send your resume and cover letter as a Word or PDF file including (reference to your digital) portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Ms. Nancy van den Dam. When responding, please refer to the vacancy code. Please contact our RP&D Manager, Mr. Jeroen Kemerink (phone +31-317-473300) when you have additional questions about this position.
You do not entirely fit the profile, but think you are suited for the job?
If you would like to be considered for this position or any of our other exciting opportunities, please do not hesitate to send us your resume.
Acquisition is not appreciated.