Download our white papers
Water maze testing and Alzheimer’s
The Morris Water maze test is one of the most used tests for spatial learning and memory in behavioral neuroscience. Read about how EthoVision XT is ideal for this test!
T-maze and zebrafish testing
The T-maze is a learning and memory task that is often used in rodents studies, but also for zebrafish behavioral research. EthoVision XT easily automates measurements!
Fear- a highly conserved behavior in rodents. Read about how EthoVision XT automates this test and accurately measures freezing behavior in this Pavlovian learning tasks for rodents.
Download our case studies
Effects of early life stress
In order to study whether learning and memory is altered after early stress, Oomen and her colleagues subjected male rats to maternal deprivation and tested their spatial learning ability and emotional memory in adulthood.
Verhagen and his colleagues used the olfactory habituation/cross-habituation test as a non-invasive spontaneous behavioral task that has been used to study the ability to smell and the capacity to discriminate between stimuli (odors).
Mice avoidance learning
Maroteaux and his colleagues focussed their research project on the complex behavioral response of avoidance learning in mice, using an unsupervised, automated high throughput system: the PhenoTyper.
Here's a list of recent relevant publications that mention the use of EthoVision XT. Do you want to add your publication to the list? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Roberts, B.M.; White, M.G.; Patton, M.H., Chen, R.; Mathur, B.N. (2019). Ensemble encoding of action speed by striatal fast‑spiking interneurons. Brain Structure and Function, 224(7), 2567-2576.
- Frank, D.; Zlotnik, A.; Kofman, O.; Grinshpun, J.; Severynovska, O.; Brotfain, E.; Kut, R.; Natael, D.; Melamed, I.; Boyko, M. (2019). Early life stress induces submissive behavior in adult rats. Behavioural Brain Research, 372, 112025.
- Hoffman, J.D.; Yanckello, L.M.; Chlipala, G.; Hammond, T.C.; McCulloch, S.D.; Parikh, I.; Sun, S.; Morganti, J.M.; Green, S.J.; Lin, A.-L. (2019). Dietary insulin alters the gut microbiome, enhances systemic metabolism and reduces neuroinflammation in an APOE4 mouse model. PLOS ONE 14(8), e0221828.
- Sampath, D.; McWhirt, J.; Sathyanesan, M.; Newton, S.S. (2020). Carbamoylated erythropoietin produces antidepressant-like effects in male and female mice. Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry, 96, 109754.
- Hestehave, S.; Abelson, K.S.P.; Brønnum Pederson, T.; Munro, G. (2019). Stress sensitivity and cutaneous sensory thresholds before and after neuropathic injury in various inbred and outbred rat strains. Brain Behavioural Research, 375, 112149.
- Thomi, G.; Joerger-Messerli, M.; Haesler, V.; Muri, L.; Surbek, D.; Schoeberlein, A. (2019). Intranasally administered exosomes from umbilical cord stem cells have preventive neuroprotective effects and contribute to functional recovery after perinatal brain injury. Cells, 8(8), e855.
- Bose, P.; Tremblay, E.; Maois, C.; Narasimhan, V.; Armstrong, G.A.B.; Liao, M.; Parker, J.A.; Robitaille, R.; Wen, X.Y.; Barden, C.; Drapeau, P. (2019). The novel small molecule TRVA242 stabilizes neuromuscular junction defects in multiple animal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neurotherapeutics, doi: 10.1007/s13311-019-00765-w.
- Petrault, O.; Petrault, M.; Ouk, T.; Bordet, R.; Berezowski, V.; Bastide, M. (2019). Visceral adiposity links cerebrovascular dysfunction to cognitive impairment in middle-aged mice. Neurobiology of Disease, 130, 10453.
- Griciuc, A.; Patel, S.; Federico, A.N.; Choi, S.H.; Innes, B.J.; Oram, M.K.; Cereghetti, G.; McGinty, D.; Anselmo, A.; Sadreyev, R.I.; Hickman, S.E.; Khoury, E.I.; Colonna, M.; Tanzi, R.E. (2019). TREM2 acts downstream of CD33 in modulating microglial pathology in Alzheimer’s disease. Neuron, 103(5), 820-835.e7.
- Loftis, J.M.; Taylor, J.; Hudson, R.; Firsick, E.J. (2019). Neuroinvasion and cognitive impairment in comorbid alcohol dependence and chronic viral infection: An initial investigation. Journal of Neuroimmunology, 15, 577006.