Did you ever wish:
- To exchange with other behavioral scientists in an informal atmosphere?
- To learn more about the possibilities of EthoVision XT or other Noldus solutions?
- To see EthoVision XT in action in other research domains?
- To learn from other users, and see how they approach challenges like yours?
If the answer is yes, then we will be happy to meet you during the Noldus User Meeting at the Institut François Magendie, on March 27th. This meeting will give you the possibility to meet other researchers, discuss your research projects, to get practical information, and to learn how to exploit the full potential of Noldus solutions. Besides presentations, you will have the possibility to get ‘hands-on’ experience with our systems during ‘ateliers’ (workshops) in small groups.
Where & When?
- Date and time
Monday March 27th, from 9h30 (welcome) to 16h30
Institut Francois Magendia / Bordeaux Neurocampus, Université de Bordeaux
146 rue Leo Saignat, Campus Carreire, 33000 Bordeaux, France.
The workshop is co-organized by
Dr Anne Quiedeville and Dr Nathalie Sans, Neurocentre Magendie, INSERM U1215
The Neurocentre Magendie (http://www.neurocentre-magendie.fr/index.php?lang=en) is a multidisciplinary center dedicated to an integrated study of Neurosciences ranging from neurological and behavioral pathologies to the cellular and molecular mechanisms of neural activity. In particular, the specific aim of the Neurocentre Magendie is the understanding of the pathophysiology of neuronal plasticity. Behavioral testing plays an important role.
- Dr. Nathalie Sans : Presentation of Neurocentre Magendie and Bordeaux Neurocampus
- Dr. Wim Crusio (INCIA – Bordeaux): ‘What is my mouse thinking? Pitfalls in measuring behavior’
- Dr. Floranne le Bihanic (UMR CNRS 5805 EPOC, Bordeaux): ‘Swimming activity in fish larvae’
- Dr. Xavier Cousin (IFREMER – La Rochelle): ‘Behavior in fish - Beyond distance moved: evaluation of anxiety, exploration and coping style’
- Dr. Antonia Manduca (INMED, INSERM U901): 'Combining in vivo brain imaging with behavior' (presentation to be confirmed)
- Dr. Maite Moreau (Neurocentre Magendia - Bordeaux) : 'Social behavior in mice: insights from new genetic mouse models'
- Michael Winter (Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma, Germany) : 'Using EthoVision in finding cramps in the leg of rats and how to distinguish this from other physiological states' (presentation to be confirmed)
- News from the Noldus Front (current developments, speaker to be confirmed)
NB: this speakers list is non-exhaustive; if you would like to share your tips and tricks please let us know! Official language of the user meeting will be English.
Ateliers-workshops / demonstrations
- Tour of the facilities: There will be a maximum of 2-3 groups of max. 5 persons per group. Please notice there are strict sanitary rules! You are required to not have been in contact with rodents in the past 72h.
- How to combine tracking and physiology in EthoVision XT?
- All these (new) EthoVision XT parameters that you did not know existed!
Entrance is free.
Attending the workshop is free of charge including lunch and coffee breaks; however, we ask you to register as soon as possible since places are limited. You can register by just sending us an e-mail!
Guus Bongers, firstname.lastname@example.org or Nadege krebs, email@example.com
Access to the institute
By train: from Gare Bordeaux St Jean, tram 11 direction Le Haillan 5 Chemins, stop at Bordeaux Carreire. Traveling time : 25 min, every 15 minutes.
By car: parking is difficult around the institute…. If you come by car, we advise you to park at the periphery of Bordeaux and take the tramway! To plan your trip, see http://plandynamique.infotbm.com/itineraire
By plane: from the airport de Bordeaux Merignac, many routes by public transport, depending on arrival time. By taxi it is about 15 to 25 minutes’ drive; price will be approx. 30 €.
We hope to see you in Bordeaux!