Capturing emotions by analyzing facial expressions offers additional and objective insights into the impact, appreciation, liking, and disliking of products, websites, commercials, movie trailers, and so on. FaceReader Online is the user-friendly online facial expression analysis service that you can now incorporate in your UX and market research.
- Based on proven technology
- Invite participants from all over the world
- Results the same day
- Access to project results at both the level of individual participants, or on a group level
- Cost efficient pay per use model
- Integrate in your favorite survey tool
- On-site, at home testing: test participants are free to complete the survey wherever and whenever they like until the deadline has passed or the max number of participants is reached
FaceReader Online is based on the FaceReader software that is used at over 1000 sites worldwide, with the advantage that this version runs online on a website. This means that you can test appreciation or impact on-site while participants can stay at home, allowing you to incorporate a much larger number of participants. FaceReader Online is not built by or related to one specific market research company; we offer an independent service.
Quick and easy
Capturing emotions by analyzing facial expressions offers additional and objective insights into the impact, appreciation, attention, liking, and disliking of commercials, movie trailers, or websites. FaceReader Online will allow you to create one or multiple projects. In short, you can email a hyperlink to participants using your favorite survey tool, wait for the response, let FaceReader then automatically analyze the videos after which you can interpret the results and present your findings to your client. Quick and easy.
How it works
- Define your project - Consider yourself the test leader. You will reside in a central office location, while your test participants can be located all over the world. FaceReader Online will guide you through the entire project making your research effective and efficient. Setting up your project is as simple as uploading the video files you wish to measure the response for.
- Invite participants - After the first set-up, your test participants will receive an invitation by email to participate in a remote survey, possibly including questions defined in FaceReader Online or your own favorite survey software. FaceReader Online makes use of the biggest advantage of on-site, at home testing: test participants are free to complete the survey wherever and whenever they like until the deadline has passed or the max number of participants is reached.
Within FaceReader Online you can easily make a group of participants. See results of all participants, and compare recordings of groups of participants. You can assign participants to groups yourselves, or automatically create groups based on gender, age, or other independent variables.
- View results - FaceReader Online will analyze all recorded videos automatically in the cloud and results usually become available just minutes after the participant has finished the recording. Once you are satisfied with the amount and quality of the responses you have received, you can download the results as a single archive file. When testing websites FaceReader Online will automatically create a screen capture of your participants interface.
- Beriault Poirier, A. (2015). Measure of the Emotional Reaction to Christmas Adverts from Toys R Us, The Body Shop, IKEA and Coca Cola. Imarklab.
- Beriault Poirier, A. (2016). Facial Expressions and Survey to Measure the Effectiveness of 10 Ads. Imarklab.
FaceReader or FaceReader Online?
When would you choose FaceReader and when FaceReader Online? When you want to ask many participants on different locations to participate in your survey, FaceReader Online is the ideal solution. FaceReader Online is a cloud-based solution, based on Microsoft Azure architecture offering you a safe, scalable, and reliable solution. When you are working in a lab facility, you can use FaceReader on your own PC with a camera to collect and analyze data. The choice is yours. The main advantage of FaceReader Online is that it supports your online research needs and is more flexible in space and time.
Contact us now to start using FaceReader Online. Please visit www.facereader-online.com for more information and to sign in!
FaceReader Online is developed by Human Insight Services B.V., which is an initiative of VicarVision and Noldus Information Technology.