Need to easily integrate facial expression analysis into other applications? Using the FaceReader SDK is the perfect solution. The SDK is available for Windows and Android, and can run on your PC or server. For cloud-based analysis, a FaceReader Web API is available.
Additionally, a FaceReader Application Programming Interface (API) has been developed to serve as an interface between your software, and to facilitate integration with the standard FaceReader for Windows software.
Add emotion to your application with FaceReader SDK
Whether you wish to combine facial expression analysis with your own software or embed components of our software into existing applications, we offer you the tools to do so. Add facial expression analysis technology to your application to optimize your solution using the FaceReader SDK. This will help you improve and innovate by providing unique insights in gamer experience or customer behavior, depending on your application.
Benefits of the FaceReader SDK are:
- Real-time interaction
- Objective assessments
- Insight in user experience
- One solution
- For cloud and on-site applications
Or access facial expressions with your application
Facial expressions recognized by FaceReader can be accessed in real-time by other applications, making the program an ideal tool for research on affective computing and the design of adaptive interfaces.
The FaceReader API is available for all users with a FaceReader for Windows license. It allows other software programs to respond instantly to the emotional state of the participant. The API includes a real-time export of the emotion data, receives and sends markers, exports coordinates of key points, exports image quality, and more!
Add emotion metrics to your application
Measure attention, emotions, and evasive behavior to create entirely new experiences and extend existing applications. The FaceReader SDK and Web API provide you with the following metrics:
Please note: Contempt not included in FaceReader SDK for Windows, Android, and Web API
What is possible with our SDK and API solutions
Examples of solutions are:
- Automotive – FaceReader technology can be used to build sensors that give insights into the mental state of drivers. Driver monitoring systems improve safety and help to understand driver behavior.
- Eye tracking research – Eye tracking and FaceReader technology combined facilitate in-depth usability testing or reliable advertisement evaluation, for example.
- Customer support centers – Specific output from the FaceReader SDK such as negative/positive valence and gaze direction data can easily be used in a helpdesk setting to objectively assess staff performance and customer experience.
- Tutoring systems – The facial expression ‘Happy’ can be measured by FaceReader technology and can function as an indication of satisfaction in a tutoring system. This tutoring system can respond in real time to the negative or positive valence of the live facial expression analysis - for example, by decreasing the difficulty of an assignment.
- Gaming – Create new and exciting gaming experiences! Game levels can, for instance, change as a response to the gamers’ facial expressions. The FaceReader analysis can determine the way a game level continues. For example, when a player shows severe anger, a cooling down session in a game level starts automatically.
- Market research – Do you want to offer your client the best and most reliable techniques for remote measurement of appreciation, and so on? Easily incorporate FaceReader technology in your survey. For example: activate a questionnaire automatically when your test participant smiles
- Digital signage – Let your billboard respond to the reaction of the spectator.
And much more! The FaceReader SDK and API are designed to facilitate the easy integration of FaceReader technology into other applications.
“FaceReader could revolutionize the way customer service is delivered”
David Tovisso | NEW Customer Service Companies Inc
FaceReader technology: choose your solution
The FaceReader SDK licensing and Web API are based on the proven state-of-the-art FaceReader technology. FaceReader software is used by over 700 companies and universities worldwide and is the most robust tool for automatic analysis of facial expressions, providing users with an objective assessment of a person’s emotions.
The API is most suitable for single set-ups in which you want to connect your software to FaceReader for real-time integration. For large-scale applications, the SDK is the ideal solution. The SDK is available for Windows and Android systems. The Web API is ideal for cloud-based analysis.
Feel free to contact us when you are looking for an SDK running on other Operating Systems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on the solution, pricing is based on the number of analysis or the number of units. The embedded version is available from € 10.000,- (or $11,000).
For custom price information about the SDK and Web API or to request your download, please get in touch with us.