Noldus tools and solutions are traditionally used for Human Factors research in the aviation and automotive industry. Especially in time and mission critical systems, The Observer®XT is a great asset. It supports complex experiments and gives precise statistics, like task completion times and error rates. It allows you to combine behavioral data and video with physiological signals, eye tracking, sensor readings from a flight simulator, and more.
This type of HF research is usually carried out in well-equipped human factors labs. Noldus helps you to choose the right equipment for your lab.
Human Factors research with Noldus tools
Noldus offers plenty of tools for conducting and optimizing your human factors research.
DriveLab combines the strengths of individual high end components to deliver a powerful and easy-to-use test instrument for understanding driver behavior and evaluating human-machine interface designs. See what it can do for your automotive research.
User-mobile device interaction
Are you investigating interactions between users and a mobile device? Our specially developed Mobile Device Camera (MDC) records your user's interaction in HD. Our MDC is compatible with The ObserverXT, creating a powerful system for Human-Factors research on mobile devices.
Training and consulting services
Besides training you and your colleagues in the art of usability testing and Human Factors research, Noldus’ professionals can also assist you when performing your experiments or take care of one or more of the stages of the testing process. For example:
- We can set up a test lab in an environment you describe as typical of that in which your products will be used.
- Next, we set up the test itself. Together we identify the relevant characteristics of your users and create a task list, consisting of all key tasks to be performed with your product.
- And more.
We can provide any combination of services.
Interested? Check out Boeing's Embedded Measures lab.
Interesting publications of human factors research with Noldus tools
A diverse collection of scientific articles citing Noldus products are published in renowned journals each week. Below you can find a list of scientific publications in this area.
- Percival, N.B; Pearson, A.; Jones, J.; Wilkins, m.; Caird, J.K. (2012). Ease of use of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) by older adults. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 56th Annual Meeting, 906-910.
- Hurley, K.; Marshall, J.; Hogan, K.; Wells, R. (2012). A comparison of productivity and physical demands during parcel delivery using a standard and a prototype electric courier truck. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 42, 384-391.
- Goldberg, J.H. (2012). Relating perceived web page complexity to emotional valence and eye movement metrics. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 56th Annual Meeting, 501-505.