Join our Team!
Job #: 2020-02/L
Title: Technical Engineer
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
The Technical Engineer is primarily responsible for design of audio/video observation systems including customized add-ons and configuring, testing and installing lab set up and network administration. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to Internal Support, Technical Support, provide technical advice and manage IT tasks for North American office.
- The Technical Engineer must have a minimum college education or 5 years’ experience in related field. Training in related fields such as electrical engineering, data processing etc. is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to communicate with other engineers, AV integrators, customers and colleagues
- Strong understanding of computer hardware, software and AV equipment
- Strong knowledge of structured wiring and standards in the industry
- Working knowledge of operating systems, servers, networking and active directory
- Hyper-V and VMware experience a plus
- Experience with hosted Exchange Servers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and general office equipment
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems
- Ability to work with other IT and Network Security on site to deliver a working solution
- Network load balancing and managing IP video on a network
- Ability to adapt to installation environment and multiple installation scenarios.
- Provide training to a large group of people over multiple sessions in one day
- Able to handle a large workload, goal oriented, decisive
- Flexible, strong work ethic
- Capable of independent work
- Willingness to “go the extra mile” and work outside regular hours when necessary
- Flexibility with travel, ability to travel up 2 weeks (50%) per month (But not limited to 50% travel per month)
We offer a rewarding position in a growing international company supplying unique products and solutions that make significant contributions to the scientific community. With us, you have the opportunity to develop your career in growing, fast-paced, yet relaxed, environment. Comprehensive benefits package is provided. This position is based out of Leesburg, VA.
Please submit an electronic copy of your résumé along with a cover letter describing your motivation for applying to: email@example.com. (When responding, please refer to the job number 2020-02/L.)