This is caused by .NET not being installed on your computer. Normally this is carried out automatically as part of the FaceReader installation, but if (for instance) you run setup.msi instead of setup.exe this can happen.
The problem is solved by installing .NET manually. You can do that in 2 ways:
- On the FaceReader installation CD: browse to the folder DotNetFX35 and double-click ‘dotNetFx35setup.exe’
- From internet:
- Go to www.microsoft.com/downloads/.
- Type dotnet into the search bar
- Click on 'Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1' or similar
- Go to the bottom of that page and download and install the Full Package (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package))
- Donwload and install any patches recommended in that section of the page.