Professional scoring and analysis software
The Observer XT
The Observer XT is the ideal tool for many researchers because it saves you time scoring behaviors and it allows you to synchronize and analyze multiple signals (video, audio, physiology, etc) all together.
Why you should use The Observer XT
- Code behavior in a quantitative way and visualize them on a timeline
- Easily integrate video and physiological data
- Calculate statistics and assess reliability
Publication power with powerful data analysis
The analysis power of The Observer XT enables you to publish your work in scientific journals. See here The Observer XT publications over the years. Source: Google Scholar.
If you'd like to learn more about the data analysis capabilities of the software, check out the data analysis page which contains information about data visualization, how to design data analysis profiles, and reliability analysis.
If you'd like to get more reference materials, check out the resources page. On this page, we present white papers, product overviews, and reference lists which helps you to get to know The Observer XT software. Here are already a couple of references to scientific publications.
- Bolhuis, J.E.; Raats-van den Boogaard, A.M.E.; Hoofs, A.I.J.; Soede, N.M. (2018). Effects of loose housing and the provision of alternative nesting material on peri-partum sow behaviour and piglet survival. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 202, 28-33.
- Langguth, M.; Fassin, M.; Alexander, S.; Turner, K.M.; Burne, T.H.J. (2018). No effect of prenatal vitamin D deficiency on autism-relevant behaviours in multiple inbred strains of mice. Behavioural Brain Research, 348, 42-52.
- Persson, A.S.; Mazier, F.; Smith, H.G. (2018). When beggars are choosers - How nesting of a solitary bee is affected by temporal synamics of pollen plants in the landscape. Wiley Ecology and Evolution, doi:10.1002/ece3.4116.
The Observer XT at the core of your lab
Observing animal behavior is done in a wide variety of research areas, from fundamental neurosciences to wildlife behavior studies or farm animal welfare studies. The Observer XT allows multiple signals (video, audio, physiology, etc) to be synchronized and analyzed together, making it the ideal tool for many researchers. Below you see an example of a study in which data from saddle pressure sensors were integrated into The Observer XT.