Professional scoring and analysis software
The Observer XT
The Observer XT is the ideal tool for many researchers because it saves you time scoring behaviors and it allows you to synchronize and analyze multiple signals (video, audio, physiology, etc) all together.
Code behavior in a quantitative way and visualize them on a timeline
Easily integrate video and physiological data
Calculate statistics and assess reliability
Publication power with powerful data analysis
The analysis power of The Observer XT enables you to publish your work in scientific journals. See here The Observer XT publications over the years. Source: Google Scholar.
If you'd like to learn more about the data analysis capabilities of the software, check out the data analysis page which contains information about data visualization, how to design data analysis profiles, and reliability analysis.
If you'd like to get more reference materials, check out the resources page. On this page, we present white papers, product overviews, and reference lists which helps you to get to know The Observer XT software. Here are already a couple of references to scientific publications.
- Edwards, L.E.; Plush, K.J.; Ralph, C.R.; Morrison, R.S.; Acharya, R.Y.; Doyle, R.E. (2019). Enrichment with lucerne hay improves sow maternal behaviour and improves piglet survival. Animals, 9, 558; doi:10.3390/ani9080558
- Koppik, M. Thiel, A. Hoffmeister, T.S. (2019). Egg laying rather then host quality or host feeding experience drives habitat estimation in the parasitic wasp Nasonia vitripennis. Ecology and Evolution, 9, 14015-14022
- Kuti, D.; Winkler, Z.; Horváth, K.; Juhász, B.; Paholcsek, M.; Stágel, A.; Gulyás, G.; Czeglédi, L.; Ferenczi, S.; Kovács, K.J. (2020). Gastrontestinal (non-systemic) antibiotic refaximin differentially affects chronic stress-induced changes in colon microbiome and gut permeability without effect on behavior. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 84, 218-228
- Stohn, J.P.; Martinex, M.E.; St. Germain, D.L.; Hernandez, A. (2019). Adult onset of type 3 deiodinase deficiency in mice alters brain gene expression and increases locomotor activity. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 110, 104439
The Observer XT at the core of your lab
Observing animal behavior is done in a wide variety of research areas, from fundamental neurosciences to wildlife behavior studies or farm animal welfare studies. The Observer XT allows multiple signals (video, audio, physiology, etc) to be synchronized and analyzed together, making it the ideal tool for many researchers. Below you see an example of a study in which data from saddle pressure sensors were integrated into The Observer XT.
Continue your research during COVID-19 pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are currently facing lab closures and have to work from home, trying to keep research projects going. Noldus wants to make the transfer to the home office of our customers as easy as possible, so that they can continue their video annotation and/or data analysis work remotely. Here's what we can do right now:
- If your lab has a site license of The Observer XT, you can access it via the IP address and port number provided to you by your IT department.
- It might be that you just weren’t able to collect your key before your lab was closed. For this purpose, Noldus Information Technology makes 1,000 remote-access licenses of The Observer XT available.