The Observer XT
Work from home with The Observer XT site license
The Observer XT supports the floating site license functionality. This functionality makes it so that a hardware key is no longer needed. You can easily use the software from your own home office or throughout a department, a building, around the campus, etc. A secured login will give you access to your software and projects. The site license manager shows how many licenses you have, how many are in use, and when each license type expires. Note that the software itself and projects of The Observer XT are installed locally.
Continue your research during COVID-19 pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are currently facing lab closures and have to work from home, trying to keep research projects going. Noldus Information Technology wants to help you to continue your project in your home office. We hope you will find the options below of use, so that you can continue your video annotation and/or data analysis work remotely. Here's what we can do right now:
- If your lab has a site license of The Observer XT, you can access it via the IP address and port number provided to you by your IT department.
- If your lab has single-user licenses, it might be that you just weren’t able to collect your key before your lab was closed. In this case, you can obtain a temporary license from us free of charge. For this purpose, Noldus Information Technology makes 1,000 remote-access licenses of The Observer XT available. You will experience exactly the same or better functionality as you would have done in your lab. These are full licenses, including all modules. The licenses are provided on a first come, first served basis. We will run this service until March 31, 2021.
We need the following information:
- Requestor's first and last name
- Name of registered user
- Requestor's email address
How does it work with a site license manager at your institute?
If your lab decides to buy a site license of The Observer XT, you can access it anywhere via the IP address and port number provided to you by your IT department. There are simple instructions available on how to download and install the latest version of the software on your computer at home or somewhere else. No IT setup is needed on your end!
Benefits of using site license
The Observer XT site license offers a number of significant benefits because of its focus on easy use, flexibility and efficiency.
- No hardware key needed
- Login at any time
- Login anywhere without needing another hardware key
- Work together on a research project
- All users have the same version of the software and the same modules
- Based on your needs
Connect with other users
Join the The Observer XT LinkedIn User Group to share experiences with other users of The Observer XT, to get tips on how to use the product, share best practices or simply ask a quick question.