Citius Altius Sanius means faster, higher, healthier and this project will focus on preventing sports injuries. It will do this by focussing on three lines of research:
- Wearable sensor technology integrated into sports clothing and advanced cameras
- Data processing forging a link between levels of exertion and potential injuries
- Feedback tailored to the individual athlete providing individual advice on training
There will also be six specific projects focussing on sports especially prone to injury including football, hockey, running, and cycling. Fitness and power training is especially well-suited to measurement using sensors as the equipment is fixed. Tennis and basketball players are prone to elbow and shoulder injuries, and a wearable sleeve and a power meter built into the racket will be developed for those sports.
To find out more, or if you think Noldus might be a good partner for your consortium, you can contact us directly.
- Research organisations — TU Delft (coordinator), TU Eindhoven, University Medical Center Groningen/Groningen University, Leiden University, VU University Amsterdam, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam Medical Center and the Radboud University Medical Centre, together with six universities of applied sciences: Fontys University of Applied Sciences, The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, HAN University of Applied Sciences and Breda University of Applied Sciences.
- Industry — Adidas, Borre, Bosch, Cinoptics, Dopple, Golazo Sports SX, City of Amsterdam, City of Eindhoven, Inmotio Object Tracking, InnoSportLab Sport & Beweeg!, IZI BodyCooling.com, Knowledge Centre for Sports Netherlands, Royal Dutch Gazelle, ManualFysion, 2M Engineering, Motekforce Link, MYLAPS, myTemp, NedCard, Noldus Information Technology, NovioSens, Plux, Qualogy, Reade Rehabilitation, Sailing Innovation Centre, SWOV Institute for Road Safety Research, Virtuagym and Zilveren Kruis.
- Sports — NL Actief, International Tennis Federation, Stichting Nijmeegse Vierdaagse (Nijmegen Four Days Marches Foundation), NOC*NSF, KNBSB, KNVB, KNHB, KNLTB, Watersport Association, Team Sunweb, Stichting Zevenheuvelenloop (Seven Hills Run Foundation).
This project is funded by the partners and the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).