Your research is unique. So are your lab requirements. To meet them, our consultants are able to advise you in choosing research tools, plugins, and custom solutions. If your application requires a unique solution, you can rely on our many years of experience with building labs to create the perfect lab for you, including custom software development.
Developed for you
Custom development means that a part or the entire solution is developed for your organization and your research and as such, it is a perfect match. Almost anything is possible. Our consultants and engineers are more than happy to work with you in order to create the perfect custom solution for you. Interested? You can always contact us for more information on development. Our consultants can analyze your challenge and translate it to an attractive offer. Interested in developing your own add-on or interface? The Observer XT Software Development Kit is available free of charge from Noldus Support for customers who use The Observer 7.0 (or higher) with the Video Module.
Examples plug-in mechanisms
The Observer XT contains a mechanism for executing other applications. One of these actions is ‘start observation’. You can thus command an external application of your choice, for example, a light switch, to react to this action in The Observer XT software. Another example would be a plug-in which imports the presses of a button simultaneously with your observer data in The Observer XT.
Plug-in mechanisms in The Observer XT which are already available are:
- Export time-stamp – sends out time stamps from The Observer XT to an application of your choice: for example, to view behaviors in combination with a visualization of the spine (watch video).
- Bidirectional time-stamp – sends and receives time stamps. Therefore, when the plug-in viewer is manipulated, The Observer XT display of video, audio, or physiological data will also move to the chosen position in the observation, and of course, the opposite as well.
- Numerical export – sends out numerical modifiers and physiological data from The Observer XT to an application of your choice real-time or offline. For example, numerical data such as speed or heart rate can be converted in another application to a green-orange-red scale. This scale is sometimes easier to use than a numerical data view.
- Event data import – receives streams of behaviors, actions, and other data from an application of your choice.
- Numerical data import – receives streams of physiological data from applications such as Biopac or MindWare software.
Custom development means that a part or the entire solution is developed for your organization and as such, it is a perfect match. Some examples of custom development are:
- changes in the user interface such as special buttons or markers you need for an experiment;
- specific export formats which other programs can easily read;
- analysis macros which are built for a specific data analysis in for example Microsoft Excel;
- an extended version of The Observer XT allowing for long transcriptions in the comment field;
- and real time data visualization or import of simulator data in The Observer XT.
Almost anything is possible. Our consultants and engineers are more than happy to work with you in order to create the perfect custom solution.