If you require more information and you would like to receive this personally by phone, e-mail or a visit, we will ask you to provide us with some or all of the following personal data:
- Contact details: first name, last name, phone number, e-mail address and physical address.
- Employer information: name and contact details of where you work.
- Other data that you intentionally and voluntarily share with us in free text fields/web forms.
We will use this personal data for one or more of the following actions:
- To contact you to discuss your requirements and questions, using e-mail, phone or in person.
- To send you the requested detailed information on our products and services, such as application papers, technical descriptions, product leaflets and links to relevant scientific publications.
- To provide you with online software demos and free or paid product trials.
- To provide you with a formal quotation for purchase, rental or lease of our software and hardware, including prices, delivery dates and general terms & conditions.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you. E.g. executing a purchase order we have received from you or providing you with support/training/upgrades on our purchased set-up.
Furthermore, we may use your personal data to:
- Send you periodical Noldus newsletters and other material on new software and hardware releases, conferences and interesting scientific research projects and results.
- Improve our products, services and website based on your feedback.
- From time to time invite you to take part in market research surveys.
We will ask your consent to allow Noldus Information Technology to collect and store your personal data. Furthermore, we will only store your personal data if this is necessary to answer your specific requests or fulfil contractual obligations following from your requests.
Noldus Information Technology strives to keep your personal data correct and up-to-date. We will make reasonable efforts to have your personal data available to you for viewing, for making corrections or additions.
Legal basis for collecting personal data
Consent: before we collect and store any personal data, you have to give your consent. We will ask you to actively opt-in. We will clearly inform you about what you are giving consent for.
Contract: in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, we will need detailed personal information as stated above to ensure correct delivery, invoicing, support and training of the items you purchased.
- For market research purposes we collect the following types of personal data: name, email address, position.
- The data we collect will be used for identifying user needs and market trends.
- The data may be accessed, subject to strict confidentiality obligations, by recipients who are employees of Noldus Information Technology BV and its affiliated entities, and by our respective sub processors.
- The data will be retained in identifiable form for no longer than 12 months.
Controlling your personal data
You are in control, at any time you can exercise the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- Right to view
- Right to change
- Right to be forgotten; all your personal data will be removed
- Right to data portability; transfer your personal data to elsewhere
- Right to be informed (e.g. through this privacy statement)
Please contact our data protection officer (email@example.com) to exercise any of the above rights. We will strive to meet your request within 30 working days.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our data is stored on private servers in the European Union except for data collected with Hubspot (white paper requests and mailing lists), which is stored on Hub Spot's servers in the USA. Regular back-ups are made and safeguarded and are all kept in the EU.
We will store, use and safeguard your personal data for as long as necessary in order to fulfil your requests or meet our contractual obligations to you. At any time you may exercise one of your rights as indicated above and ask us to delete your personal data.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. Once you leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website and it is not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Transfer of Personal Data
Noldus Information Technology will not sell, transfer, trade or lease your personal data to third parties, unless we have informed you otherwise and have obtained your permission, or the Dutch law forces us to. We will only use the collected personal data within Noldus Information Technology or with our official and exclusive distributors in a number of countries.
Noldus Information Technology, 8 October 2020