Posted by Natasja Bogers on
Mon 05 Feb. 2018 - 1 minute read
Organized for the 11th time, Measuring Behavior 2018 will be the behavioral research conference to attend this year. Why? Here are 8 reasons why you should attend Measuring Behavior 2018!
8 Reasons to attend Measuring Behavior 2018
Measuring Behavior is the premier interdisciplinary event for scientists and practitioners concerned with the study of human and animal behavior. And there are plenty of reasons to attend!
- Established conference on methods and techniques – Rather than focusing on results, Measuring Behavior has proved itself as leading conference on methods and techniques used in scientific research. And for a good reason: science needs developments in methodology to advance itself.
- Multi-disciplinary and varied – Where many conferences are focused on a specific topic or research field, Measuring Behavior is all about measuring behavior. This can be consumer or driver behavior, how pigs and cows move in stalls, or rats and mice behave in cages. The conference welcomes research about all those behaviors, from both human and animals.
- New and innovative themes - As well as the usual focus on animal and human behavior research methods, this year new themes are introduced in the program, including robotics (bio-inspired robots and human-robot interactions), sport (biomechanics and human movement), and open science. Also, there are prizes for the best presentation in several categories!
- Host Manchester Metropolitan University – With roots in higher education dating back to 1824, Manchester Metropolitan University is a modern university in a global city. Their driving ambition to discover and disseminate knowledge is a perfect match with the Measuring Behavior conference.
- Manchester - The birthplace of the industrial revolution, Manchester is now one of the most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities in the UK. Manchester welcomes visitors with its fine traditions of science, culture, music, sport, and magnificent architecture. A perfect background for Measuring Behavior 2018.
- Outstanding Keynote Presentations – The conference will host 5 outstanding keynote speakers, whose talks you don’t want to miss!
- The networking – Bigger is not always better. At a Measuring Behavior conference you will find yourself amongst just a few hundred other behavioral scientists. This ensures a friendly, informal atmosphere, allowing you to connect with your fellow-conference delegates, rather than never meeting the same person twice.
- Latest innovations and tools – Last but not least: just like previous years, the conference will host a Demonstration Showcase program and international exhibition, where companies will show their latest innovations, tools, and products for behavioral research.
That’s it: 8 outstanding reasons to attend this year’s Measuring Behavior conference! The conference will take place from 6-8 June, 2018. For more details and updates on future Measuring Behavior conferences, please visit www.measuringbehavior.org.
Will we meet you in Manchester?
Save the date: Measuring Behavior 2020 will take place from 27-29 May in Krakow, Poland! www.measuringbehavior.org