If you are interested in knowing more about different models of peripheral nerve injury that can be studied with CatWalk XT and essential prerequisites for adequate data acquisition, you can take a look at a recording of a free webinar, where Dr. Johannes Heinzel explains all about it.
You can also request for more information or a free demo to get to know CatWalk XT system better and discuss with our scientific consultant about your research plans and wishes.
Neurodegenerative disease studies
Prof. Diana Price, NeuroPore Therapies, San Diego
Goal box CatWalk XT
CatWalk XT includes a goal box to motivate your animal to cross the walkway in a consistent manner
Installation of CatWalk XT
Automatic Footprint Classification
It's extremely fast!
Download our white papers
Insights on the inter-limb coordination can provide you with valuable and important data for your research. Do you know that CatWalk XT calculates this data automatically? In this while paper we will take a closer look at Phase Dispersions values and how they are calculated, using simple and practical examples.
CatWalk XT and TBI mice
The CatWalk XT gait analysis system can be an incredibly useful tool in assessing the subtle motor deficits exhibited by mice post-TBI, making it ideal for detecting deficits that might not be readily observable to researchers. Read tips about how to use CatWalks XT for TBI models in this free white paper.
Getting the perfect runs
Familiarizing your rats with the CatWalk XT system before you start your experiment makes your job a lot easier. So how do you familiarize and motivate your rats? Kristina Ängeby Möller has a lot of experience with pain research and gait analysis in rats, and shares some tips and tricks in this free white paper!
Download our case studies
Here is a selection of recent papers that mention the use of CatWalk XT. If you feel your paper should be on this list, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Heinzel, J. C., Oberhauser, V., Keibl, C., Swiadek, N., Längle, G., Frick, H., Kolbenschlag, J., Prahm, C., Grillari, J., & Hercher, D. (2021). Evaluation of Functional Recovery in Rats After Median Nerve Resection and Autograft Repair Using Computerized Gait Analysis. Frontiers in Neuroscience.
- Walter, J., Kovalenko, O., Younsi, A., Grutza, M., Unterberg, A., & Zweckberger, K. (2020). The CatWalk XT® is a valid tool for objective assessment of motor function in the acute phase after controlled cortical impact in mice. Behavioral Brain Research, 392.
- Heinzel, J. C., Hercher, D., & Redl, H. (2020). The course of recovery of locomotor function over a 10-week observation period in a rat model of femoral nerve resection and autograft repair. Brain and Behavior, 10(4).
- Ritzel, R. M., Li, Y., He, J., Khan, N., Doran, S. J., Faden, A. I., & Wu, J. (2020). Sustained neuronal and microglial alterations are associated with diverse neurobehavioral dysfunction long after experimental brain injury. Neurobiology of Disease, 136:104713
- Mausset-Bonnefont, A. L., Cren, M., Vicente, R., Quentin, J., Jorgensen, C., Apparailly, F., & Louis-Plence, P. (2019). Arthritis sensory and motor scale:predicting functional deficits from the clinical score in collagen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Research & Therapy, 21:264
- Bombeiro, A. L., Pereira, B. T. N., & de Oliveira, A. L. R. (2018). Granulocyte‐macrophage colony‐stimulating factor improves mouse peripheral nerve regeneration following sciatic nerve crush. European Journal of Neuroscience, 48(5), 2152-2164.
- Crowley, S. T., Kataoka, K., & Itaka, K. (2018). Combined CatWalk Index: an improved method to measure mouse motor function using the automated gait analysis system. BMC research notes, 11(1), 263.
- De Munter, S., Bamps, D., Malheiro, A. R., Kumar Baboota, R., Brites, P., & Baes, M. (2018). Autonomous Purkinje cell axonal dystrophy causes ataxia in peroxisomal multifunctional protein‐2 deficiency. Brain Pathology, 28(5), 631-643.
- Liu, Z., Zhang, H., Xia, H., Wang, B., Zhang, R., Zeng, Q., ... & Li, Z. (2019). CD8 T cell-derived perforin aggravates secondary spinal cord injury through destroying the blood-spinal cord barrier. Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 512(2), 367-372.
- Morgan, M., Deuis, J. R., Woodruff, T. M., Lewis, R. J., & Vetter, I. (2018). Role of complement anaphylatoxin receptors in a mouse model of acute burn-induced pain. Molecular immunology, 94, 68-74.
- Moritz, M. S., Tepp, W. H., N'te Inzalaco, H., Johnson, E. A., & Pellett, S. (2019). Comparative functional analysis of mice after local injection with botulinum neurotoxin A1, A2, A6, and B1 by catwalk analysis. Toxicon, 167, 20-28.
- Timotius, I. K., Canneva, F., Minakaki, G., Pasluosta, C., Moceri, S., Casadei, N., ... & Eskofier, B. (2018). Dynamic footprints of α-synucleinopathic mice recorded by CatWalk gait analysis. Data in brief, 17, 189-193.